Unless your system is well tuned, please use the firmware above instead of high speed. Slow Probe & 5 x 5, which is great for first time tuning.
For 5×5 (High Speed) – download here
For 4×4 (High Speed) – download here
For 3×3 (High Speed) – download here
For 4.2.7 Board 5×5 (High Speed) – download here
For 4.2.2 Filament Sensor 5×5 (High Speed) – download here
For more info regarding this release
If flashed & auto leveling doesn't work, please reset configuration (Control > Restore Default) or try to flash again with different filename.
Updated 13-10-2020 [V2.0.X.14]
Delete PLR when cancelled a resume print
Improve Refuel feature & bug fixes (faster feed rate 150mm/s)
Marlin bug fix (Stop print will now stop properly)
Updated to the latest Marlin (12-10-2020)
- The high speed mode probes multiple points without stowing the needle, making it much much faster. But also prone to crashes if your bed is severely slanted. Please make good use of AUX leveling before you try this. For detailed changes, please refer to the configuration.h files shared below if you would like to know more.
For Ender 3 V2 no bootloader intallation is required. Copy the firmware into your SD card and then slot it in, the printer will begin flashing once you reboot it. Do remember that you need a different filename each time you flash a new firmware eg. firmware1.1bin > firmware1.2bin, else the system will ignore it.
If you are having issue compiling your own marlin, remember to set
default_envs = STM32F103RET6_creality
For user who would prefer official firmware from Creality, you may check this guide here
Some UI customizations we've added
We have modified some parts of the dwin UI to add more functions to assist user in AUX Leveling & Setting Z-Offset. You may find these functions under Prepare Menu.
And remember to add “M420 S1 Z2" in Cura!
You can also add G29 for Bed Leveling before every prints
Instead of adding the
M420 S1 Z2 command above. You can replace it with
G29 (Place it after G28).
G29 basically starts a new round of auto bed leveling , good for users who would prefer a fresh bed leveling before every prints.
Nozzle Crashing Into Bed?
Personally I have added a printed BLTouch spacer so BLTouch has more room for probing, and add some space between nozzle and bed. If you are facing issue where nozzle is hitting bed when BLTouch is probing, mostly caused by uneven bed (eg. sides nearer to hotend is higher), you might need to try adding a spacer. But do note that adding a spacer will make your z-offset at around -2+
BLTouch Spacer – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3466223
Steps to produce a good leveling
- Start with AUX leveling to make sure the bed is leveled as much as you can, by manually adjusting bed spring. This is to reduce the amount of Z compensation ABL will need to apply when printing. Please refer to CHEP's guide for how you can level your bed with a piece of paper. We have included the buttons needed for printer to go to all 4 corners + center so you don't have to do it via a gcode print file.
- After the bed is leveled, get a good Z-offset by using our Z-Offset tool. Remember to pre-heat your nozzle while using this as any remaining material stuck on nozzle tip might interfere the result while gauging with A4 paper. This tool will Auto home and then move Z to 0 to show actual Z offset. Prepare a paper to put between nozzle and bed, then try sliding it in and out, adjust Z offset until you feel a little friction between paper and nozzle. Use Re-Home Z to double confirm if the z offset is the right one.
- Once you got your Z offset, go to main menu and press “Leveling". It will probe 3×3 points and save the mesh to your printer.
- Done and start printing!
- Again, it's very important to heat up nozzle to 180-200 while using Z-offset Tool (if there is PLA in nozzle) Else the Z-offset will vary a lot depending on the leftover material stuck on nozzle tip.
What if you are not getting an accurate Z Offset from the Tool?
Sometimes moving the Z axis up and down bit by bit might cause a little slippages, which makes the Z-Offset gauging with A4 paper inaccurate.
If you want a better gauging result. We recommend user to set Z-Offset to the value you want, use “Re-Home Z button" to allow BLTouch to re-probe and show you a much more accurate Z offset result.
- Z-axis won't budge. Pay attention to the wiring color, some wires are inverted. If you are using 3rd party wiring, most probably the last two orange and yellow are inverted. You have to manually revert it back using a tweezer.
- AUX Leveled & still printing in the air or nozzle hitting the bed. Use slow probe 5×5 firmware to see if the situation is improving, if not check if your M420 is added properly inside the gcode.
- Setting is not saved. Remember to click “Control > Store Setting" everytime you setup completed. Check if eeprom is deleted in SD Card.
- Power Lose Recovery doesn't work. Power Lose Recovery only works when it reached certain layer. check your SD card if there is a PLR file exist. PLR determine if to display the Resume Printing message.
- Motor making noises and freeze during print. This will happen if you just flashed the firmware & does not reset the configuration. Just turn off and on your printer will do, restore default setting. Another possible issue is the dupont connectors on the motherboard loosen, do hot glue the connectors in place or upgrade it to 5 pin JST connector.
- Sometimes UI does not reflect to the latest. It's a known marlin bug.
- 3DTouch or old BLTouch version. May not compatible, this firmware is optimized for BLTouch v3.1.
- Source Code & Donation. Repository is here. As for donation please donate to Marlin Firmware for updating & supporting the Firmware for Ender 3 v2 & the community.
What happens If I don't want a BLTouch anymore?
You may revert your firmware to the official non-BLTouch firmware downloadable via this link – https://www.creality.com/download/32
The firmware below uses High Speed Probe
For 3×3 – download here
For 4×4 – download here
For 5×5 – download here
For MicroSwiss Ender 3 Hotend – download here (Adjusted X_MIN_POS to -5 and Y_MIN_POS to -10)
For the latest changelog, please refer to here
Updated 8-9-2020 [V2.0.X.9] - Filename longer than 22 chars
- Fixed issue where print resume cancel does not cancel the print
- Updated to the latest Marlin (08-09-2020)
- Support filename that is longer than 20 characters.
Updated 16-8-2020 [V2.0.X.8] - Z-Tool Offset Bug Fixes
Enabled BLTouch High Speed Mode (Experimental)
- Enabled BLTOUCH_HS_MODE (in configuration_adv.h)
- Adjusted Z_CLEARANCE_MULTI_PROBE to 2
- HOMING_FEEDRATE_Z bumped from 4*60 to 6*60
Updated 13-8-2020 [V2.0.X.7] - Z-Tool Offset Bug Fixes
Fixed issue where Z-offset tool may not reflect the actual z changes when adjusting real-time
Added "Re-Home Z" button in Z-offset tool so user can make changes and test real Z immediately.
- It's very important to heat up nozzle to 180-200 while using Z-offset Tool (if there is PLA in nozzle) Else the Z-offset will vary a lot depending on the leftover material stuck on nozzle tip.
- Enabled ADVANCED_PAUSE_FEATURE
Updated 1-8-2020 [V2.0.X.6B] - Major Update.
Updated BLTouch to use 5 pins port provided by the board. Replacing Z Stop Switch is no longer required. (If you still have your old wiring done based on our older guide you will need to change it in order to flash 2.0.x.6 firmware) We believe this is a step forward as it gives you the flexibility to switch to other firmware without the hassle of changing the wiring.
EEPROM is now saved within the board instead of SD card.
Changing Z-offset now works when printing. Will be reflected immediately. Store configuration if you want it to be persistent across reboots.
Pausing works on the printer now. Which means file like CHEP's leveling gcode will work.
Added white borders to Tune/Pause/Stop buttons
Improved Z Offset tool (Remember to pre-heat your nozzle while using this as any remaining material stuck on nozzle tip might interfere with the result when you gauge with A4 paper)
Corrected most labels and typos in DWIN UI
Updated Marlin to the latest build (1st August 2020)
Updated 28-7-2020 [V2.0.X.5] - Fixed AUX Leveling Bug and added support for M48 command. Adjusted XY speed to be a little bit faster when auto-leveling
Updated 25-7-2020 [V2.0.X.4] - Adjusted max bed size back to 220 as some users are facing issue where it's printing outside of edge. Previous version was using value of 220 + 15 as it helps BLTouch to probe nearer to edge for better mesh output.